Karmatang Beach Andaman is a beautiful, serene beach that is also known as the turtle paradise of the nation. Here’s what you need to know before you visit.
Situated at a distance of 12 kilometers from Mayabunder in the northern section of Middle Andaman, is the serene Karmatang beach. Even though the water at the beach is a little choppy, it is considered as one of the most visually attractive places in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands with lavish sand and bordered beach tract. Locals residing in Mayabunder and the surrounding areas prefer to visit the beach for a small vacation and find it good enough to be visited more than once due to its pleasant weather. The beach is also famous for its turtle nesting farm. The beach is also known as ‘Turtle’s Paradise’ of the nation.
The charming beach of Karmatang is 240 kms away from Port Blair by road. The nearest city connected with Karmatang beach is Mayabunder. Ships, ferries, and STS buses ply from Port Blair at regular intervals for Mayabunder. A cab can be hired from there to reach Karmatang beach which is at a distance of 20 minutes. The beach is also accessible via the Grand Andaman Trunk Road from Port Blair directly.
Things to do:
The beautiful beach of Karmatang is a near perfect destination for couples who wish to spend some romantic time together. The beach offers full privacy to its tourists. In addition, staying at the beach for a small vacation is not an issue for a number of hotels and guest houses are available near the Karmatang beach. There are a number of other activities that attracts the tourists to the beach:
- Turtle Nesting Farm: The beach is well-known for its turtle nesting farm. The place also has a visitor’s complex.
- Boating: The steamer boat ride from Mayabunder to Karmatang beach is a must-do for each visitor. The steamer passes through the dense mangrove brooks and offers a spectacular natural view worth capturing.
- Beach Party: The beautiful, clean, and green beach is suitable for a small get together or a beach party. A number of small resting huts are available as well where the visitors can sit during rainy or sunny climate.
- Swimming and Other Adventure Sports: Karmatang beach offers an opportunity for a number of adventure sports and activities like scuba diving, snorkelling, and swimming. The place attracts a number of zoologists and marine life enthusiasts every year for exploration and allied research.
From Karmatang beach, the visitors can also plan to trek between Mount Harriet and Madhuban beach. Mt. Harriet is the highest peak in Andaman. A trail from the mountain reaches the beautiful and decent beach of Madhuban, which is used for training the elephants. The 16 km trek offers an opportunity for forest and wildlife exploration. Visitors are advised to the following things if they decide to take up trekking:
- Packed food and drinking water
- Trekking and hiking shoes
- Medical emergency kit
Want to include Karmatang beach in your Andaman package? Connect with our travel expert today.